Getting your hands on the best PC Steering Wheel is not easy. There are so many different brands and models on the market that just getting started can be a complicated process for many people.
In light of these difficulties of finding the best PC steering wheel, we have compiled a list of the top five wheels that are available on Amazon. Each product that can be seen below can be also viewed on Amazon’s website with the click of a button, ensuring you get the best deal at the right time.
All of these products are guaranteed to be high quality products. Many of these PC steering wheels have earned themselves numerous positive reviews and are priced competitively.
But first, let’s look at what makes a good PC steering wheel to begin with before revealing the best that the gaming world has to offer.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to choose a PC Steering Wheel
- 2 Top 5 PC Racing Wheels
- 3 Conclusion
How to choose a PC Steering Wheel
If you don’t know already, a PC steering wheel will allow you to play your favourite racing games much easier than using a keyboard or mouse. These wheels come in a variety of different sizes and brands, so there’s no lack of choice available.
Although steering wheels for PCs are a relatively common purchase, they are still somewhat niche. Because of their specialized natures, some gamers are left wondering what the key features are that goes into making a PC steering wheel a great purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most important features of a PC steering wheel:
- Wheel-only or with included accessories. There are some packages that come with a host of other bits and pieces that can enhance your gaming experience. These peripherals can come in the form of pedals, a shifter console to simulate driving a manual car, dashboard, and many others.What works best for you will mostly come down to your budget, as well as how often you play racing games in general. For the hard core gamer, a complete kit could be the ideal option, as this is how they choose to relax and spend their time. In other words, these extra options are good value for money if you actually end up using them. On the other hand, a more casual gamer who uses it once or twice a year is probably going to be left disappointed.
- Feedback and vibrations: PC steering wheels have evolved significantly since their inception to the market in the 90s. There was a time when users had no choice but to use a clumsy joystick for their gaming needs. Now there are more advanced features coming out for steering wheels than ever before, and that number is set to rise technology continues to advance at an unprecedented rate.One popular addition to many PC steering wheel is what’s called force feedback. What this means is that your steering wheel and other components will vibrate with a realistic amount of force depending on what happens in your game.There is usually the option for you to toggle this setting on and off, so it’s not like you are stuck dealing with it if it’s not your thing.Feedback-compatible steering wheels generally cost more, and is it generally a preference if the setting is left enabled or not.
- Budget: How much you are willing to spend on your steering wheel will mostly come down to how often you intend on using it. Some casual gamers are happy to use it once or twice in a given month, which could mean that a cheaper wheel is a better option. While for your most hardcore of gamers, a more expensive model will be the way to go.Like most things, your budget when it comes to a PC steering wheel will affect the features and comfort, as well as the usability of the steering wheel in general. Cheaper models may also quickly deteriorate after use, while a more expensive wheel could be used for years without you needing to replace its parts.
- Brand: Similar to your available budget, the brand that you go for will determine the wheel’s warranty and if there are any inherent risks or disadvantages associated to your model of choice. On the other hand, your brand may also come with a suite of benefits such as an extended warranty period.Some gamers also like to keep everything under one brand for the sake of aesthetics. So whatever the case may be, your brand is an entirely personal choice that will not hugely influence your PC driving experience.
- Number of features: it should be noted that some PC steering wheels have been designed to specifically suit certain games. For example, there is a whole kit that is dedicated to the Farming Simulator that is sold by Microsoft, and there are other branded options to choose from for other games.The choice of your features will certainly increase or decrease the price of your overall unit depending on how much you are willing to pay. A good rule of thumb is that you should only pay for features that you realistically believe that you will appreciate and use.For example, not every gamer needs the latest force feedback wheel, especially if frequent use of the device results in their hands becoming sore or boredom. For this reason, it’s best to take the minimalist approach most of the time and err on the side of caution when buying a PC steering wheel for the first time.
Top 5 PC Racing Wheels
Trust GXT 288 PC & PS3 Racing Wheel
The GXT 288 from Trust is one of the best-selling PC steering wheels on Amazon. It has many different reviews posted by its users that you can read if you are curious about this model. The average rating is around four stars, which is a good enough rating to satisfy most people’s requirements.
The best thing about this racing wheel is that it comes with the pedals at no extra cost. This addition to the product’s package means you can get a realistic driving experience, with everything being controlled from the wheel and pedals.
Below you will see some of the most important features for the GXT 288:
- Trust Gaming: top selling European gaming brand co-developed with pro gamers
- Ergonomically-designed wheel (270 degree rotation), suitable for all types of racing games on PC and PS3. Rubber coated wheel for firm grip.
- X-input mode for vibration and automatic key-mapping in PC games.
- On wheel adjustable steering sensitivity for more precise control. Car accurate sized foot pedals with stable anti-slip base. Sequential stick shift.
- Vibration Feedback for realistic racing car effects (must be supported by game).
As you can see, the GXT is packed with features. The wheel and pedals are also easy to operate and comfortable to use. There is no complex assembly or installation required with this device, and it comes with clear and easy to understand instructions.
Logitech Driving Force G920 Racing Wheel, Force Feedback Steering Wheel
The G920 from Logitech represents the best that the market has to offer for gamers who enjoy racing games. This wheel and pedal combo from Logitech gives you everything you could want out of a device, and has an extra –long warranty for better peace of mind.
The wheel has great looks and is aesthetically pleasing to look it. Like other products from Logitech,, the G920 is guaranteed to last you for a very long time even with extended use. This is no exception to this either!
Below you can see some of the features for the Logitech G920:
- The definitive sim racing wheel for Xbox One: Realistic steering and pedal action for the latest racing titles
- Built to last: Durable solid steel ball bearings, stainless steel pedals and hand-stitched leather wheel grip
- Dual-motor force feedback: Realistically simulates the racing experience with smooth, quiet helical gearing.Easy-access game controls: On-wheel D-pad, console buttons and paddle shifters
- Responsive floor pedal unit: Accelerate, brake and change gears with the feel of an actual car
- Part number : 841-000053; Item model number : 941-000121
- Pedals : Height: 167 mm (6.57 in), Width: 428.5 mm (16.87 in), Depth: 311 mm (12.24 in)Wheel : Height: 270 mm (10.63 in), Width: 260 mm (10.24 in), Depth: 278 mm (10.94 in)
The fact that the G920 has dual-motor force feedback could be enough by itself to warrant a purchase for many shoppers. Unlike other wheels available, the shocks and vibrations that you feel while using this wheel are very realistic, which can put you quite literally in the driver’s seat for the game.
This product is known to go on special from time to time, so if you’re interested in learning more about this steering wheel as well as picking it up for a discounted price, check out the link above.
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
The G27 is yet another staple from Logitech. This time the emphasis is on enhancing your manual driving experience, which could be a great fit for some of the latest racing games. It should be noted that this wheel is only compatiable with PCs, which is unlike some other wheels on the market.
The G27 comes with a stylish console made from high quality plastics. The wear-resistant design of the G27 means that you can use it without fears of the materials from bending or breaking.
You can see some of the most important features of the G27 below:
- The powerful, dual-motor force feedback mechanism with helical gearing smoothly and accurately simulates traction loss
- Six-speed shifter with push-down reverse gear allows you to quickly choose exactly the right gear.
- RPM/shift indicator LEDs integrate with racing game software to indicate when the user should shift gears.
- Realistic 11-Inch wheel with leather-wrapped rim provides a more comfortable, true-to-life racing experience for hours on end.
- Steel gas, brake, and clutch pedals deliver precise throttle, braking, and shifting control for heightened realism.
It is obvious from reading the features of the G27 that the wheel was designed specifically for manual-style racing. In fact, the G27 is one of the only wheels on the market that claim to be a perfect fit for this kind of racing experience.
Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel
It’s time that we changed it up a bit with Thrustmaster’s inclusion to the market. The TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel has an extra-large design. The steering wheel is much bigger than other models on the market, and the pedals are a bit wider as well.
The extra size that you get from the TMX Force Feedback can add a feeling of control to your racing experience that smaller models miss out on.
The TMX is also one of the few wheels on the market that come with adjustable pedals that can be configured with progressive levels of resistance. All of this amounts to a more realistic experience when you use the TMX.
The best features of this racing wheel are below:
- 900° force feedback base. Mixed belt-pulley and gears system, metal ball-bearing axle.
- Realistic “competition” wheel design: 11”/28 cm in diameter, with an ergonomic design perfectly adapted for all racing games
- Xbox One certified embedded software: the racing wheel is automatically recognized by the Xbox One , compatible in the console’s menus, compatible with all Xbox One racing games supporting racing wheels.
- Also compatible with PC (Windows 10/8/7/Vista) ensured thanks to the Thrustmaster drivers.
- Large, optimized pedal set: Pedals with wide foot rest, each pedal’s angle of inclination can be adjusted, brake pedal with progressive resistance.
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel
The Microsoft Wide Winder Series has existed as long as PC games has been around. The joysticks that and wheels have been in use throughout the 90s, with many gamers buying them up to play the latest simulation games from Microsoft such as Flight Simulator and other iconic titles.
The good news for the retro buff is that the Sidewinder series is still alive and kicking to this day.
This wheel and pedal combo gives everything the budget gamer could want. The ultra-responsive design of the wheel means that you can easily play all of your favourite games with increased sensitivity, and you’ll be able to feel every nuance as you steer around corners and overtake the competition.
The included pedals are sturdy and easy to use as well.
Below are the features for the Microsoft Sidewinder:
- Realistic driving experience
- Proven technology and reliability
- Powerful 16-bit, 25 MHz force coprocessor
- Customizable with profiling software
- 1-year warranty
Shoppers may be able to pick this wheel up for a reduced price, so you should take a look at this wheel on Amazon to see if there are any discounts or special deals available in your area.
That concludes our list for the best PC steering wheels for this year. We hope that you found this list informative and interesting.
As stated previously, all of the wheels that can be seen above are listed on Amazon. Once you click through to the product’s page you can see the updated pricing and shipping information for that particular model.
The prices are shipping details are known to change month to month, which is why this information has been omitted from this article.
We hope you enjoyed this guide and if you feel we left one out please do let us know!